25 March 2020 - Updated
We would like to thank all our customers for their continued custom and support during this challenging time.
Like all businesses within the UK we are closely monitoring the impact that COVID-19 is having on our business, our colleagues, customers and franchise partners.
Due to the rapidly moving situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19), and in response to the Government announcement on Monday evening, we have temporarily closed our car showrooms at Walkers Motor Group until further notice.
Our workshops will remain open for essential service and maintenance work for anyone who needs us, particularly essential local key workers. If you need essential service work, MOT testing, warranty work, breakdowns and diagnostic work, please contact our aftersales departments via telephone, email at email@example.com or via our website. We recognise the need to keep vehicles on the road and the need to assist key workers in keeping their vehicles in good working order over the coming weeks.
For those customers awaiting handovers on purchased vehicles, our sales team will be in touch with further information.
For any existing Motability customers where the lease expires within the next three months, Motability will automatically extend your lease and you will also automatically receive a Certificate of Motor Insurance or a temporary cover note from RSA Motability (RSAM) covering this six-month period.
We will also continue to support customers who wish to purchase cars via our website. You will still be able to obtain a part exchange valuation, apply for finance and have your car delivered when the time is right and in line with the Government’s recent stay at home guidance. For the latest information, please visit our website at www.walkersmotorgroup.co.uk
Thank you for your continued support of Walkers Motor Group and our associates at this time.
22 March 2020
Due to the current situation surrounding Coronavirus we wish to advise you that the health and safety of our customers and employees are at the forefront of our business.
We are following three main sources of information for our decision making, the Centre for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organisation (WHO) and local government recommendations.
We also urge our customers to keep abreast with any changes made or recommended by the above organisations.
In an effort to keep our customers and staff safe, we have implemented the following actions to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
1. We have ensured that all members of our staff are fully briefed on the latest information and guidance, specifically when to self-isolate and on ensuring good hygiene and regular hand washing.
2. We recommend that no hand shaking takes place.
3. Our service drivers and customer facing staff have been issued with hand gel and protective gloves.
4. We have introduced enhanced valeting procedures so that steering wheels, button/switches, gear shift, handles and keys are always cleaned and wiped down with cleaning materials, this will include all vehicles that are in for service and repair, service loan cars, demonstrators and showroom display vehicles.
Service & Maintenance
1. For those vehicles that are booked in for service or maintenance work, we offer a free collection and delivery service to our customers who would prefer not to visit our dealerships at present. Your vehicle will be collected by one of our service drivers, from either your home or workplace. Protective coverings will be placed on your steering wheel and seat whilst your vehicle is in our care.
2. Our service reception staff will contact you by telephone to discuss your invoice and details of any work we have carried out.
3. Payment for service or maintenance work can be taken over the telephone by debit/credit card. Alternatively, you can send payment to us by bank transfer.
New cars, Used cars and Van Sales
Parts and Accessories
1. Customers wishing to purchase parts or accessories may do so by telephoning our dedicated parts lines, which are: Worksop Vauxhall 01909 501111 Option 3. Selby Peugeot/Vauxhall 01757 700077 Option 3.
2. Our parts department will post goods to your home or workplace free of charge up to a maximum weight of 2kg. Parts that are too large to post can be delivered to you by our parts delivery service by prior arrangement. Distance restrictions do apply for. Please ask our parts team members for full details.
Our dealerships will continue to operate as normal with our opening hours remaining the same.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update this information accordingly.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.